18 unobtrusive properties are scattered amongst 40 acres of bush land. Surrounded by the Snow Gum Woodlands of the Crackenback Valley, the alpine mountain regions of the Kosciuszko National Park are right at your doorstep.
Alpine Habitats is a ‘Nature Based Eco Tourism Resort’, defined by Snowy River Shire Council as “an ecologically sustainable tourist accommodation facility with onsite waste management and attractions involving support for, enjoyment of, and education about the natural characteristics of the land on which it is located and its surrounding landscape”
If the Australian Alps are your next holiday destination, and you are looking for a place that actively cares for the environment then Alpine Habitats is the ideal place to stay.
The concept behind Alpine Habitats is to provide luxurious holiday accommodation in the NSW Snowy Mountains while ensuring that the environmental impact on the area is kept to a minimum. Alpine Habitats is accredited by Eco Tourism Australia (http://www NULL.ecotourism NULL.org NULL.au/). There were many steps in the process of becoming certified and criteria had to be passed in areas of environmental sustainability, economic sustainability and social sustainability. The steps Alpine Habitats has taken to achieve environmental sustainability are as follows;
- Collection of Rain/Bore Water
- Worm Farm Waste Management System (with flushing toilets)
- Minimise water use
- Low impact construction techniques including driven pile foundations, high thermal performance buildings, passive solar architecture
- Services laid under road
- Low water use fixtures & fittings
- System designed to use collected rain water first drawing on bore water to meet any short fall in supply
- The worm farm waste management system allows onsite disposal of all bio degradable waste with flushing toilets!!!
- Passive solar architectural design
- Certified renewable electricity
- Eco Smart Fire Places
- High quality energy efficient appliances
- Visual impact kept to a minimum; habitats are nestled amongst trees using recessive colour schemes
- Reduce your carbon footprint by staying in Eco Accommodation!
- Environmental Endorsement